Tuesday 6 September 2011

BLACK WATER JAMES - Vol 1 (MCD)

Retro is the word of the future! Well, at least that’s what’s currently hot, and I do not complain. Growing up with, and still loving, bands like Mountain, Montrose, Stray Dog, Skynyrd, Pat Travers etc., I really love the younger bands giving the classic seventies hard rock a new spin and their own touch. Black also seems to be the word of today with new bands like Black Water Rising, Black Country Communion, Black Stone Cherry, The New Black, Black Tide, Black Robot, you name it. Well, I don’t mind that either (as long as I don’t mix them up). Black Water James is a new black retro band, and, yepp, I really enjoy these guys as well. The Nashville foursome rocks it with a southern bluesy touch, mixing touches of vintage Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynrd and AC/DC giving them a well deserved spot alongside bands like Silvertide, Buckcherry, The Answer and Black Stone Cherry. The songs deliver, the musicians deliver and the sound is ambient, dynamic and in your face. Great stuff, indeed! A band to check out! This is just a six track promo EP, but it rocks!! After reviewing this I checked out the band’s self-titled debut and I tell you, this one’s well worth laying your hands on, too!
Janne Stark
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Label: private
Link: http://blackwaterjames.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.