Monday 31 October 2011

FASTWAY - Eat Dog Eat (CD)


Ok, I will confess I haven’t really listened to Fastway since the first, outstanding, album was released. After that I thought they went too commercial and I lost interest. Now Fast Eddie Clarke has returned with a vengeance. Eat Dog Eat really takes us back to the classic back to basic hard rock resting on the traditional British bluesy foundation. Toby Jepson sings his ass off and I truly love his vocals. The album kicks off with Deliver Me, which almost makes me think of what would happen if Led Zeppelin and AC/DC had a baby. It’s a very consistent, but still varied ten track collection, incorporating some good old boogie based hard rockers like Leave The Light On, cool acoustic balladry in Dead And Gone and tons of classic hard rock. Great production, great songs, and all in all one album I didn’t know I had been missing until I heard it. It isn’t original, it has no bells or whistles, but it’s a damn fine album, on I will probably wear out.
Janne Stark
Label: Steamhammer
Year: 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.