Tuesday 26 June 2012

HOUSE OF LEAF (CD)


To be honest, this was actually the type of album I was expecting and even hoping I would hear from top notch singer Leif Sundin. Leif has been heard in bands like John Norum Band, Michael Schenker Group and Great King Rat. I truly love Leif’s rough edged bluesy voice when he does heavy rock, but I’ve also really heard him shine in ballads. House Of Leaf is all about singer/songwriter style melodic pop/rock with a slightly bluesy vibe. Not being the authority in this genre I would however compare House Of Leaf to the stuff I know and like such as John Waite on Temple Bar, Mark Spiro and the excellent underrated CD by Micke Nord Andersson and Johan Norberg. What I didn’t know and really surprised me was that Leif is also an excellent lead guitarist! Very tasteful playing indeed! Bluesy, sensitive and with great accuracy! The ending solo of Broken Old Record is really outstanding. The song material is really strong with great catchy choruses, but without being in any way cheesy or overly commercial. I’ve spun this CD at least ten times already and it’s just keeps getting better with no sign of being worn out so far. Highly recommended, indeed!
Janne Stark
Label: self-released
Year: 2012
Country: Sweden
Link: www.houseofleaf.com

1 comment:

  1. You find some livevideos from the House of Leaf CD on this link: http://www.swedenlive.eu/category/video/12/LIVE+MUSIC

    /Lasse Niemelä
    www.swedenlive.eu

    ReplyDelete

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.