Monday 7 January 2013

SPIDERS – Flash Point (CD)

Spiders play rock & roll, and they do it well. Ever since their first 10” MLP they have proved they know how to take the influences from the late sixties/early seventies and turn them into good times modern retro hard rock. Hang Man reminded me a bit of vintage Motörhead in the intro riffing, while Love Me draws more on early Who type energetic rock. Singer Ann-Sofi Hoyles helps give the band their own sound, but also makes me think of Amercan garagy rockers Suffrajet, which ain’t no bad thing in my book. I also find some resemblances with Graveyard, especially on the new Lights Out album. Spiders write good catchy tunes as well. Flash Point also has been given a nice crunchy, yet dynamic mix, making this a nice package. It may not be a hundred percent up my alley, as I’m more into the heavy riffing stuff, but Spiders do what they do very well, and it’s an album I will be popping into the player every now and then. Good songs, great drive and a great tight band!
Janne Stark
Year: 2012
Country: Sweden
Label: Crusher Records 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.