Monday 2 April 2012

DARK NEW DAY - New Tradition (CD)

I really loved the first Dark New Day, released in 2005 and was awaiting the follow-up for years, until I heard it had been shelved. Too bad, I thought. Well, now it’s finally here! The album was recorded back in 2006-2007, but it feels very new and fresh despite this. It’s actually bit more direct than the debut, hard hitters like Come Alive, I Don’t Need You and the power-pack Straightjacket. Heavy, riff-oriented and angry, yet melodic. Ok, I can hear you screaming “it’s not true metal” from the wings. Well, it may not be, but if you, like me, are into bands like Sevendust, Shinedown, and Seether, this is right up your alley! Guitarist Clint Lowery is also in the aforementioned Sevendust, which is quite evident in songs like Take It From Me and Caught In The Light. I should also mention that if you are already a Dark New Day collector, all the tracks have already been released on the digital albums Hail Mary and B-Sides, as well as the Black Porch Sessions EP. Then consider this an awesome compilation!
Janne Stark
Label: Goomba Music
Country: USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.