Sunday 8 May 2016

D.I.G – s/t (CD)


Swedish power trio D.I.G kicks off with a some really nice crunchy riffs! Riff-oriented powerful hard rock that hits hard. I’m afraid I do have one problem that I can’t get over and it hits me after just a few bars. The vocals. Björn’s guitar playing is killer, but his vocals don’t live up to the guitar playing. It’s not that he’s a bad singer, it’s just that his voice is way to weak and squeaky for this type of powerful music. I’m guessing he’s not really an experienced singer, and it shows. There actually are some really good songs here, and I wish I could get over the vocals, but I’m afraid they kinda kill the buzz for me. Musically there are some hints of King’s X, Black Water Rising etc. which is right up my alley. The sound is fat and nice and the CD was mastered by Ty Tabor (King’s X), so, so far so good.
Janne Stark
Country: Sweden
Year: 2015

Label: private

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.