Thursday 3 November 2011

JÄRNET (CD)

Heavy rock in Swedish? Oh yeah, it’s been done since the dawn of time, meaning November did it already in 1970. That worked. Since then there’s been quite a few and right now there are Horisont, Abramis Brama, Gudars Skymning, and of course S.K.U.R.K, who uses their secret weapon, called “brutal skånska”. Järnet grew out of heavy rock trio AMP, lead by singer/guitarist Per Nilsson. I was expecting the same heaviness, but sung in Swedish, which would’ve worked fine for me. However, Järnet draws from a different musical source. This is leaning more towards garage rock, at times almost new wave. I’m not really sure if I like that. Gata upp & gata ner reminds me quite a lot of Nationalteatern’s Livet är en fest, which I did like… back then, and it has its nostalgia value today. Sorry, but this doesn’t work well for me at all. It feels way to puberty for me. Punkish football choirs just don’t do it for me anymore. It worked ok at parties in the late seventies, but even though I’m a huge fan of the seventies, this is something I don’t really wish to bring back. Sorry boys, but I liked it better the old way, the AMP-way.

Janne Stark
Year: 2011
Label: private
Country: Sweden
Link: www.facebook.com/jarnetsweden

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.