Wednesday 7 September 2011

CLARK LANE – Bedroom Sessions (CDR)

Clark Lane live
Suck me sideways! The name doesn’t really say anything, the demo “layout” looks like it’s made by a kid, no contact info or song titles, but holy crap this band sounds good! The opening track made me think of Dizzy Mizz Lizzy meets TNT with a modern twist. Next up is a melodic modern riff-oriented rocker which really kicks ass. I’m not really sure what band to compare this to, as they do have a twist of their own. Great vocals, awesome musicians, killer guitarist and a really cool mix. At times the sound and style of the guitars makes me think of a mix of Ronnie Le Tekro (TNT) and Pete Lesperance (Harem Scarem). Next track makes me think of my favourite Norwegian band Jack In The Box with its quirky riffs and great harmonies. This is by far the best unsigned Swedish band I’ve heard this year! Awesome stuff! The songs have so many layers, with a simple melodic line on top and really complex rhythmic musical patterns underneath. This is music you can find new stuff in every time you listen to it. Stuff I truly love! The closing track follows in the same style and I am truly in love! This band should be signed sooner than as soon as possible! I NEED an album, I DEMAND an album!
Janne Stark
Country: Sweden
Year: 2011
Label: none
Link: http://www.clarklane.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.