Monday 24 October 2011

SILVERDOLLAR - Morte (CD)

Swedish band Silverdollar I remember from the beginning of 2000, when they used to play covers. Their first CD Covers From Hell contained renditions of Ozzy Osbourne, Dio, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, WASP etc. This actually feels quite evident when listening to the band’s third album Morte. There’s a bit of Judas Priest here, a bit of Maiden there, some Helloween inbetween, topped with a bit of Zakk Wylde-harmonics and a singer that sounds like mixing Kai Hansen, Udo Diskschneider, Rob Halford and adding Bruce Dickinson’s vibrato. I’m not saying this is bad, because it asn’t. It’s just, well, lacking personality. I hear a lot of influenced but very little originality, or even their own spin. Everything sounds like something I’ve heard somewhere before. Like I said, what they do, they do do great, but I have heard it before, and I’m not sure I’ll be listening that frequently.
Janne Stark
Label: Massacre
Country: Sweden
Year: 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.