Tuesday 5 April 2011

THE BLINDED - EP2010

The Blinded, formerly known as Blinded Colony with two albums under the belt, have finally sorted out their vocalist problems. Instead of one replacement there’s now two. One clean and one dirty. Just like fellows Scar Symmetry, Soilwork etc they now feature both clean and growling vocals. I personally like this concept. I can without a problem accept the growling when it sounds good and they actually add a bit of clean melodic vocals as compensation. I think The Blinded succeeds very well in their combination. The fact is, I actually did like Blinded Colony even when they only were growling, but now even more! When listening through the six songs of this (so far?) digital EP I feel the band has evolved and matured both as song writers and productionwise. Great riffs, strong song material and a really fat and heavy production makes this a highly enjoyable musical experience, although it’s a bit too short. I’m looking forward to a full album experience! This is great stuff which should appeal to fans of In Flames, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry etc. Janne Stark
Year: 2010

Label: none

Country: Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.